Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

My baby boy Belgian Finnegan 8/2/2014

     Well, it's a coolish and drizzly Saturday morning in the Hideaway.  Finn was obviously playing in the mud during the night.  I LOVE his coat.  He sheds the dirt and mud on his own.  My 5 year old Belgian and I will be celebrating our 1st anniversary together on August 23rd 2014. 
     There have been some developments over the last couple weeks.  Thanks to help with some ground work last Fall and early Winter by Dianne, the patient and steady work in training with Finn done by Amie and my sister in law Betty, and the continued training and first times in the saddle accomplished by Daniel Marinos, we are riding Finnegan!!  Not only are we working in the indoor arena, but we are able to ride in the field and I have no doubt that we will be on the trails before long....in a bitless bridle no less!!!!
     Thank you too to my husband Tony for his patience, moral support and wisdom.  He has shared with me the knowledge of his roughly 53 years of gentling, training and competing horses, from beginner to Advanced International Championship level, and his roughly 40 years of being and instructor.  Now if I could only get him to ride again.
     I am looking forward to the rest of the journey.  Amie and I have a horse we can ride, as well as commune with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment