Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Good afternoon from the Hideaway 6/23/2012

     It has been a hot and muggy several days in the Hideaway, but as I look out the living room windows I am watching the dark and roiling clouds that spell relief roll in from the northwest.  All is still outside at the moment...awaiting the first breezes of the cool front.
     I am eyeing my old hound Ginger, but she gives no indication that there is thunder coming.  Both hounds have been lounging out in the yard, and are now sound asleep on the living room floor.
     During this last little heat wave I have been researching online about animal care in high temperatures.  Fresh water, and shade have been the order of the past several days.
     This new journey with the horses is teaching me a lot.  It is a journey that I am enjoying immensely!
     Well, thirty minutes later and the skies have opened up and it is thundering.  We just had a couple fairly close lightning strikes. I feel cozy in the house with my husband and hounds.  Relief is on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment