Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Good night from the Hideaway 6/10/2012

     The sun is setting and the horses, hounds and husband are fed and watered  I just took my two hounds Ginger and Nutmeg for their second walk of the day out on the trails.  I don't even dare to say anything, but I haven't seen a tick today.  They enjoyed their walks immensely, and should sleep well tonight...I hope.
     The deer flies are out, but at least the mosquitoes were not too bad.  I find that the hounds pull less in harness than on their collars.  Nutmeg bays the whole way, in true Coon hound fashion.
     When I went out earlier to feed the horses, I had to be careful as there were baby sparrows all around my feet.  Perhaps it's because they are so young, that they don't fear humans.  They have had no reason to fear.  I wish it was the same with all living things.  I wish that no one ever had reason to learn to fear. Maybe that's what Heaven is all about.  Anyway, the pups are pooped, and soon we will go up to bed.  There is a crescent moon in the evening sky, and  all is quiet on the western front  

No comments:

Post a Comment