Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Good night from the Hideaway 6/12/2012

     It is a quiet evening in the Hideaway.  The air is heavy and still.   It speaks of coming rain.  I was beset and besieged with baby bunnies as I went out to feed this evening.  They are so cute, but I worry for my garden.  I got alfalfa cubes and grain today.  The hay is holding out well.  I actually got zapped by the electric fence today, so my brush clearing must be working.  
     The horses, hounds and husband are all fed and watered.  The hounds are, at the moment giving some poor soul what for.  There is also a tree frog of some sort churring from the bushes right outside the windows of the Summer room.  I've never had one that close. 
     I transplanted three patio tomato plants yesterday, and they are doing well.  There is nothing better than sun warmed home grown tomatoes.   I hope to have some of the first in August.  I bring in the plants at the end of the season to protect them from frost and freeze.  I remember a couple years ago, I harvested my last on December 27th.  Where there's a will there's a way.  
     My daughter Jessica has started her own photography business https://www.facebook.com/LilaBellaPhotography.  I am so proud of her. She is doing so well. 
     Anyway...the hounds are asking to come in, and the perceived threat must have passed. All is quiet on the western front. 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment