Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Good evening from the Hideaway 7/18/2012

     We survived the rambunctious weather of this afternoon, and the air has begun to dry out a little.  The barn is abuzz with activity, as folks have come out from their air conditioned shelters.  There are a few high cumulus clouds decorating the dusky sky.  I hear laughter echoing from the indoor arena, and lively conversation from the main barn.  
     The sky is a soft lilac with peach and pink undertones.  The clouds in the east are a soft gray.  The sky peeking through is pale turquoise.  
     My daughter and her three children; Five year old Jake, almost three year old Lila, and almost one year old Isabella just left.  I need a nap!!  I remember when I was a child and the "older folks" would say "I wish I had her energy." Now I am one of the "Older folks" and I say "What I wouldn't give for their energy."  
     We had an American classic for supper;  Chicken nuggets and mac n cheese, with a glass of red wine of course for the adults, and plenty of sweet and fruity Popsicles for dessert.  
     I am getting ready for bed.  Soon all will be dark and quiet in the barns, and the yard will be left to the peepers and the fireflies.  Wishing everyone a peaceful night.  
     All is quiet on the western front.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a beautiful writer, Judy. You make words come alive.

    ReplyDelete