Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Good morning from the Hideaway 7/21/2012

     It is a gorgeous morning in the Hideaway.  The air is clear and cool, everything is covered with glistening dew drops, and the world is quiet.  Not quite 7:00am, and the horses and hounds have been fed, the horses are grazing quietly in the warm early morning sunshine. 
     The hounds just came in from the yard and are speckled with dew from the long grass.  They, at the moment are romping around the house playing...They bounce around like big furry balls and chase each other...up the stairs, into the bedroom, down the stairs around the living room, through the kitchen, under the table, over the couch, around and around, tails wagging, paws flying, long droopy hound ears flapping, tongues hanging out, and eyes shining.  They are such a joy in my life.
     I gave them both a bath two nights ago (They had once again gotten into the dreaded poison ivy). Their coats are shiny and soft.  They will get a drink of fresh cold well water now, and go back up to bed.  It's a tough life. If I had to come back in another life, I would want to come back as a dog, owned by me. All my dogs have been rescues...what amazingly wonderful companions.
     We are hoping to do some bicycling today.  It's a beautiful day for being out doors.  Well, I have just finished my first cup of tea of the day, and look forward to the day's adventures.
     All is quiet on the western front.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment