Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Good morning from the Hideaway 7/8/2012

     It is a sparkling fresh morning in the Hideaway.  The air seems cooler and clearer, and the world is awash in sparkling dew drops.  The summer days are full of sunshine and the nights are filled with fireflies.  What a magical world we live in.
     The horses have been fed and watered and are munching peacefully on their hay.  The hounds have been fed and are relaxing on the deck.  I will attempt to...drum roll please...mow the lawn today.
     My three tomato plants are blossoming.  I hope to have red ripe tomatoes by the end of August...fingers crossed.  There is nothing on earth like a sun warmed, red ripe tomato, freshly picked from the vine. Mmmmmm.
     Do they still ring the bell at West Congregational Church up the street?  I haven't heard it for years.  It used to be rung precisely at 9:00 on Sunday mornings. I'll have to listen this morning.  It was always, I thought, a distinctly New England sound, echoing from that white steeple.
     I'm thinking scrambled eggs with cheese and onions for breakfast this morning, toast and hot coffee.
Happy Birthday to Katie and Frank.
All is quiet on the western front.
      
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the birthday wishes, Judy! :)
    And I have to say, you have a wonderful way with words!

    ReplyDelete